Request For Work Permit
If you have a job, are under the age of 18, AND have not yet graduated, YOU NEED A WORK PERMIT - PERIOD!
Please note...There is a 24 hour waiting period to receive your completed work permit!
Here's what you need to do:
- Fill out a Work Permit Request - come to the College Career Resource Center to pick one up or click on the link below to access a printable version.
- Fill out the top portion - all information is necessary, especially your Social Security Number!
- Have your employer fill out the second portion.
- Have your parent sign and date it, giving permission for you to be employed.
- Bring the completed request to the College Career Resource Center, Room B110.
Please note - if you have less than a 2.0 GPA and/or if you have an attendance or discipline problem(s), you may not get a work permit. In special cases, you will be allowed a Probationary Work Permit which will allow you to work until the next grading period where you must show improvement in grades and/or attendance/ discipline. Your work permit will be REVOKED and your employer will be notified that you are no longer able to work if your attendance and/or grades have not improved by that date.
If the Center is closed for the day, the Attendance Office can help you.
|Click here for printable Work Permit Request (Word)...
|Click here for printable Work Permit Request (PDF)...